You‘ve had a marvelous business idea, registered your domain name and started to build a website? Well, ranking your brand new website is not going to be an easy job at all. However, it is not impossible either if you follow the right SEO steps. Let‘s see exactly what they are:
- Optimize with keywords – the first and most important thing to do. You have to learn to add keywords in all the main elements of your website. The title, the URL, the meta descriptions as well as the content. That will certainly help for its better position in the Google search results.
- Create a blog – one good way to indicate site relevancy is to provide regularly updated content. That is why you should make a blog and publish new articles a few times per week. Having updated unique content will draw Google‘s attention towards you.
- Make sure your site is fast enough – a recent survey showed that nearly half of all consumers wait for a web page to load not more than two seconds. Yes, you have read correctly, two seconds. You should make sure that there aren‘t any technical problems with your website and all the pages are loaded at a super-fast speed.
- Increase activity in social media – a lot of people still tend to underestimate social media, but that is a big mistake. Having active profiles and pages in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media can significantly increase the traffic to your website. So, use their opportunities in the best possible way.
- Follow the guidelines of Google – and last but not least, remember that Google is your boss. You should follow the guidelines and not use any kind of unethical means to get to the top. Believe us, you will save yourself a lot of problems that way.